Monday, August 1, 2011

And The Clock Winked!


Time Management -thats what I need to straighten my life and stop wasting time! My coach, bless him, used to say that it was an utter waste of time to read the newspapers! I didn't agree with him one bit. I looked at him in a strange way, which prompted him to say "there's nothing in the newspapers except rubbish." I begged to differ. I enjoyed reading articles by seniors and disgruntled parents angry with the school system, Tsunami and volcanic disasters everywhere else, yummy recipes from Foodies and gourmands, and not to forget the Obituary page. Thats a must - somehow. The sports page holds a special place in my heart, not the football so much but the Golf and the Tennis stars and their pathway to glory. The Golf page has lost a bit of its shine for me since the Maestro of Golf fell from grace, and is still unable to get out from under. I used to read the papers from beginning to end and end up with all the dirty sordid details of who's doing what. Filling my life with rubbish. My coach was right! Yesterday I paid the newspaper man and bid goodbye to him, telling him that I would no longer need the newspaper delivered to my front door. He looked at me and with a curt "here's my phone number, call me when you need the newspapers again!" he turned away and left on his motorbike in haste. Oh well! This morning I came out to smell the morning air and as usual to pick up my newspaper and then I remembered - no more newspapers, no more thief-of-time-newspapers, no more rubbish, no more stories of rape and incest, and no more stories of thieves and murderers! I strolled around the garden, watered my drink-thirsty plants, fed my frivolous fish and walked back in through the door thinking 'now I have time for finishing my unfinished quilt and to start another! Now I can respect the extra time I have. I looked at the clock, it was only eight in the morning. I looked again to make sure and the clock winked back at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment